A Princess is a girl, or occasionally a boy, of such exceptional purity of heart and soul, fairness of face and skin, and kindness of spirit and act that the world itself recognizes this. Often, but not always, they are of royal or noble blood, even if not always raised in their proper status. A Princess's greatest powers are her kindness, and purity, and their ability to ward off evil with nothing more than these.
This class covers one of the more obscure Magical Girl subgenres, which intersects with western fairy tale fiction. The Magical Idol Singer is the archetype referring to someone who uses magic through or for music, and rather than being a warrior or magician they're a figure of fame and glamour. This is probably one of the last Magical Girl classes I'll make, aside from some inverted/anti- versions. There's also the Cute Witch, which might be doable as a subclass for one of the various great OSR Witch subclasses out there, but there's just too many to pick from, and I'm not sure how much original design space I need to actually use; that one's more a matter of attitude. Just take a Witch, make her good aligned and naive, and give her as many 'cute' spells as possible.
So, without further ado...
- Can speak with animals, as the spell, continuously.
- Is naturally talented at singing and dancing and may add their level to any checks involving either of those two skills.
- Is prohibited from Multiclassing. A Princess's power comes from the belief that sincerity is valuable and kindness change the world on its own.
- At 5th level, a princess may duplicate the effects of a targeted Remove Curse with a kiss 3/day; the caster level equals her princess level. To use this ability on an unwilling creature requires the princess to grapple it.
- At 10th level a Princess may kiss (as a standard action) a creature that died within 1 round per 3 class levels and breathe life back into their body. The target’s body must be intact, and they are revived with -1 hit points (but stable) and if ability damage reduced any of their ability scores to 0 they are revived with one point of damage to that ability healed. A princess may use her Healing Affection on the target as part of the same action. A princess may use this ability once per day, plus an additional time per 3 levels after 10.
- At 13th level, princess may apply the effects of a Greater Restoration spell to a creature they heal with their Healing Affections ability.
- At Level 2, the princess may select only songs from the Least Mystical Song list.
- At Level 6, the princess may also select songs from the Lesser Mystical Song List or two Least Mystical Songs.
- At Level 10, the princess may select songs from the Greater Mystical Song List or two Lesser or Least Mystical Songs.